Prisoners and Bonds

Inquiry, Bond & Transfer Information

Inquiries about prisoners held by Plymouth City Police Department and how to bond a prisoner out of jail can be directed to police communications personnel by calling (734) 354-3232. The Court sets the amount of a bond. Individuals charged with felonies or certain types of misdemeanors are not eligible for bond until they go to court and are arraigned.

After a prisoner is arraigned, they will be transferred to the Wayne County Jail, unless bond is posted before being transported. Prisoners arrested for operating under the influence are required to remain in custody until their blood alcohol level (BAL) is sufficiently below legal limits. Usually, this is a minimum of six to eight hours, but in some circumstances could be more.

Cash Payment

Bond money is required to be cash. No checks, credit cards, debit or other means other than cash are accepted. A receipt will be made out for the funds, which will include a date that the arrested subject is required to be at court, along with the court's location.