Where is the Police Department located?
The City of Plymouth Police Department is located at 201 S. Main St. inside City Hall, at the corner of South Main and Church.  

You may contact the Police Department by calling 734-354-3232 or 734-453-1234 ext. 219. In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. The fax number is 734-455-1664.

What are the Police Department's hours?
Officers are available to take complaints and reports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There is a phone in the vestibule of City Hall that can be utilized after hours to contact the dispatch center to make contact with a police officer.

The business / administration office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 

Where is the 35th District Court located?
The 35th District Court is at 660 Plymouth Road at Haggerty Road.  Their phone number is 734-459-4740. Their hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:25 p.m. 
The 35th District Court services the following jurisdictions, Northville City and Township, Plymouth City and Township, Canton, Wayne County Sheriff and Michigan State Police.

Where is the impound / tow yard?
All vehicles impounded by the Plymouth City Police Department are taken to Mayflower Towing at 1179 Starkweather. Their phone number is 734-459-0053.
Can I pay a traffic violation at the police station?
No. Traffic violations must be paid online, by mail or taken to the 35th District Court. There is a drop box located at the court for after-hour payments.

Can I pay a parking violation at the police station?
Yes, parking violations can be paid at City Hall at the cashier's counter. After hours there are drop boxes located in the vestibule of City Hall and outside the library.  

I have an abandoned vehicle on my property; can the Police Department come out and tow it away?
No. The Police Department does not tow vehicles off of private property. View the towed vehicles web page for more information.

Does the Police Department assist with keys locked inside a vehicle?
Yes. Attempts can be made to gain entry into the vehicle; however, any damage incurred will not be covered by the Police Department. Be advised that some vehicles with power locks and side air bags may not be able to be opened by the police and a locksmith may have to be called at the owner's expense.

What is the curfew for minors?

  • A youth under the age of 14 cannot be in or on a public place without a parent or adult guardian between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
  • A youth under the age of 17 cannot be in or on a public place without a parent or adult guardian between midnight and 6:00 a.m.

View the online Code of Ordinances for more information.

Does the Police Department know if schools are closed?
Unless there is a specific emergency situation at a school, the school district does not notify the Police Department of school closings. Television and radio news broadcasts are the best way to find out about this information.

What do I need to get a gun permit?
Apply at the Police Department's Records Department. Current laws state that you can apply at any police department or FFL dealer. You must provide a current driver's license. View the pistol permits / CPL webpage for more information.

Do I report an electrical power outage to the Police Department?
No, unless there are wires down or other reasons for the Police and/or Fire departments to know.

Am I charged for a false burglary alarm to my residence or business?
Yes. Additional information on the regulations regarding false alarms can be found at the online Code of Ordinances.

Where do I apply for a bicycle license?
Purchase of a license can be made at the Police Department records office. You must bring information on the bicycle, including serial number and description. The charge is $2.00. The license is for registration purposes only. The City of Plymouth does not require a license for a bicycle to be used.

Where can I view the sex offender listing?
You may view the sex offender listing during business hours at the City of Plymouth Police Department located at 201 S. Main St. You can also visit the Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry (PSOR) website.

Can my dog run loose in city parks?
No. All dogs must be on a leash. In addition, any animal feces must be removed by the owner. Additional information on dog laws can be found in the Code of Ordinances.

How many dogs are citizens allowed?
A citizen is allowed two dogs. If you have more than two dogs, you must have a kennel license. Additional information on dog laws can be found in the Code of Ordinances

What do I need to obtain a dog license and where do I go?
Visit City Hall during regular business hours or access the dog license webpage.

Who do I call if I have a wild animal on my property?
If the animal appears to be sick or injured, or is putting citizens in jeopardy, call the non-emergency phone number for the police at 734-354-3232 and an officer will be dispatched. In addition, a private pest removal company can also be called by the homeowner for any unwanted infestations.

Can I get a copy of my driving record from the Police Department?
The Police Department cannot supply anyone with a copy of their driving record, however, you may obtain it at a Secretary of State office, visiting the State of Michigan's website or by calling 517-322-1624.