Animal Control

City Ordinance

Copies of the Ordinance concerning animals can be obtained by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (734) 453-1234 ext. 231, or online at this link.

Procedures to Release an Impounded Dog

If the dog is not wearing a current City of Plymouth dog license, the owner will need proof of current rabies vaccination and a current dog license prior to release. If the dog needs a rabies vaccination, the owner will need to make arrangements with the veterinarian at the impound prior to release. The owner should bring the above paperwork to the City of Plymouth front desk to purchase a current license.

There is a fee incurred with the impounding of the dog. There may also be a ticket issued based on the violation that occurred. Owners are responsible for the dogs release and retrieving the animal from the pound. Fees incurred are based on the length of time the dog is impounded as set forth by the Humane Society.
The dog impound is currently located at:
Humane Society of Huron Valley
3100 Cherry Hill
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 662-5585

Wild Animal Questions

For information on what to do about wild animals on your property, please see our FAQs page.