How do I submit a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request?

Visit our Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) pages for police and non-police requests, where you will find FOIA information and an online FOIA form. Complete the form online and it will be routed to the appropriate email for processing.

Can I work at an election?

Yes! Simply fill out an Election Inspector Application form and mail or return in person to: Plymouth City Clerk's Office, 201 S. Main Street, Plymouth, Michigan 48170. We will keep your application on file, and as soon as Election Inspector training dates have been scheduled, we will notify you. Applications are available at Plymouth City Hall and can also be found at https://www.michigan.gov/documents/Elec_Inspec-Appl_131809_7.pdf.

Where do I go to vote?

Residents can visit the Secretary of State https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Indexto see their voting location or they may contact the Clerk's office at 734-453-1234 ext. 234.
The City of Plymouth currently has four precincts, which all vote at the Plymouth Cultural Center, 525 Farmer, Plymouth, MI 48170.

Am I registered?

Residents can visit the Secretary of State website at https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index for their registration information. They may also contact the Clerk's office to obtain this information at 734-453-1234 ext. 234.

Do I have to send in an application for an absentee ballot for every election?

Yes.  If you have requested to be on the permanent absent voter application list, you will receive an Absentee Application prior to every election. You must then sign and return that application in order to receive a ballot. If you would like to sign up now to be on the permanent AV list please click here to fill out the form.

Can I get a ballot for my husband/wife/child?

Absentee ballots can be picked up only by the registered voter that the ballot is assigned to. If we are mailing the ballot, it will be sent to the address where the voter is registered.

Why do I have to have to tell you which type ballot I want in a Presidential Primary election?

Michigan Election Law (MCL 168.615c) guides the conduct of the Presidential Primary. The law requires that voters indicate in writing which political party ballot they wish to vote. This requirement only applies to Presidential Primary elections, and voters will not be required to select a political party ballot type at other types of elections.

For additional information on Michigan election law, please visit: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Voters_QA_MIPresPrim_516112_7.pdf.

Can I vote early?

No. While some states allow all voters to cast ballots prior to Election Day, Michigan does not have early voting. Of course, qualified Michigan voters can cast absentee ballots prior to Election Day. See the section above on Absent Voter Ballots.

Is it too late to turn in my absentee ballot?

Mailed-in applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before an election. Your ballot will be mailed to you. Voters may also drop off their application at the City Clerk's office by 4:00 p.m. the Monday before Election Day and get their ballot. See MI Secretary of State website for details.

Can I take a picture of my ballot?

Yes. The State of Michigan settled the, 'ballot selfie' case (Crookston v. Johnson) and the Secretary of State has revised instructions regarding ballot photography. Voters are allowed to take a photograph of their own ballot, but only while in the privacy of the voting booth. The agreement doesn't affect other prohibitions on photography in the area where voting is occurring or sharing ballot images within 100 feet from the polling place.